Saturday, November 27, 2004

Holiday and celebration

It's Saturday already...seems it was just last Wednesday when I started my long weekend. I've been wandering around since Thursday, and just got back home from my best-friend's house. Sometimes I feel better if I have nothing to do on the long weekend, cause when I got busy like this, the time seems to be passing by, all of sudden the holiday is over. Yeah, though I don't celebrate Thanksgiving Day (and don't blame me for that, as I mentioned before that I am not originally from here, so Thanksgiving is not a celebration for me). But also, as I noticed, people in US tend to celebrate everything, without even knowing what the meaning of it. I still remember when I was still working in Chico's, people came for shopping on the Easter Day. Surprised, surprised....though it's a celebration for Christian, I bet those people have no idea why they are giving gift on Easter Day. It's probably just because it's a holiday, a day off, a time to be with family. So, it's not something bad actually, I just surprised how sometimes people get lost for celebration...

Anyway, it is still nice having a holiday. As I used to have holiday every Lebaran. It's nice having a time off for resting. Hmm...not really actually, cause I used my time visited my sister and my best friend. But I had great times. And I just gave myself a digital camera as a Christmas present (it's early, but the chance was only for yesterday) ^_^


Yet, hopefully people out there who celebrate Thanksgiving Day, they had a good Turkey Day. Gobble Gobble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger