Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

I wanted to see this movie ever since I saw the preview: I have the book, read it and I think it's great. The movie, it's ok; the glitch, I can't really see Meryl Streep as Anna Wintour resemblance, and when I read the book, I always have imagined Mrs Wintour as Miranda Priestly. But anyway, for fashionistas, it's a must see movie (many times I really get the picture of my work when I saw that movie). And for my friend, she said how Mrs. Priestly reminds her with her real boss. Poor her, I feel really sorry and wish I can do more than just asking how is she? Her last day will come soon, and she is forced to do that. She doesn't want to leave the company, but her situation made her to leave.

Prada, Gabbana, Chanel. Sigh....I can translate that with Tommy, Nine West, Calvin Klein.



In the end, we all have to make our choice. And as always, NY looks so wonderful, even when I thought I forgot about her, every time I feel that she calls me to come to her....

At least, I really have no regret that I am not working in the field that I studied in college. I know how people always think that fashion people are dumb and stupid (in some occasions, yes, I would have to agree with, but can you imagine all the intrigues and how fast it evolves? All about changes, and that's what makes me so obsessed about it) while all engineers are clever and smart. I have fought with so many people including my dad for my own choice, just because I decided to follow my passion and desire instead of his. Although I must be ready: to be thought with the same stereotype. But it won't bother me anymore. I know myself, and I know I made the right choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger