Friday, May 26, 2006

Next!

It was about 2 weeks ago actually, but as I was totally swamped w/ wrapping
up my school, so I just get a chance to write now.

I was volunteering for Baker Beach clean-up on Friday, hmmm....2 weeks ago.
It's an event that was held by my company and the Golden Gate National
Recreation Area. It was fun! What we did actually was not glamour at all, I
mean, we did enjoy the sun (eventually it was so sunny that day, lucky us,
cause Baker Beach could be so cold when there's no sun), and we removed
some plants because they were not native plants; some of them came from
Africa and Europe (apparently not only human who migrate from one
country/continent to another, but also other living creatures). Those
non-native plants need to be removed otherwise they would invade the native
plants. Hm....hope we need only to do this in plants world, not in human's
world.

Anyway! I was having lots of fun: fighting with several stubborn roots
while twisting my body. Most of the plants grew around the slope so it was
difficult to get a good position for pulling out the roots. When I woke up
in the next morning, my body was sored sooooo bad....But it was a good day,
just like gardening on a sunny day. My skin got so dark now, plus I went to
Santa Clara on the next day for Kara's birthday (OMG!!! She was so cute!!!!
Can't believe she's 2 yr old now, I still remember when I was babysitting
her when she was only 4 months old....). Spending almost my whole day in
the park down in Santa Clara on a sunny day? Yeahh....it was hot,
literally. That time, I felt so glad that I live in the city, though it's
foggy very often, it's never been so hot like other cities.

In my old days, I would probably try so hard to get my skin lighter again,
but now I gave up with the power of sunlight. Besides, if you keep being
concern about 2 concepts of beauty in 2 different worlds, you'll just
making yourself nuts.

So...now after my school is done....I have the whole time but have nothing
to do....."sigh"...I need to start looking for something to fill in my free
slot.

Or...maybe I should just chillin' out and save my energy for the next coming battle.
Yeah...

2 Comments:

Blogger irene said...

yaayy! doin nothing is greattt :P

3:07 PM  
Blogger Salmon-Rose said...

eh, bener nih? gw sih hayo aja kl buat jagain si dede nih...:)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger