Thursday, April 20, 2006

(Another) tough week!

Yeah..again, it's been a quick and painful week. I slept only about 6 hrs every night...tried to catch up with all my tests and projects and essays and work. For all of you, trust me, unless you lost your mind like I did, don't ever try to take your school full time (specially if you are in a graduate school) and also work full time (and of course, it's only 40 hours/week in a perfect world, which doesn't apply in my world). The worst thing, though I've been trying to really catch up and studying hard...I still can't get the best. The last 2 test I took in this week...errr....I can guess what I will get...mal. I think as I'm getting older, my brain can't perform as well as when I was...err...younger? I remember it was so easy to study, and now, either because of the brain malfunctions, or because I really have too many tasks....

Plus, I miss having fun. I really love being busy, I do, but sometimes, I feel so guilty when I am away too long from my assignments. And the weather has been so nice lately...makes me just want to throw away everything and just laying down on the beach with my apple martini...

Anyway, this week should end soon, so fast, and the best for this week when I know I don't have to get my X-ray test. Hmm...yeah...the story began when we knew that someone in my class is positive with TB. Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The bacteria usually attack the lungs. But, TB bacteria can attack any part of the body such as the kidney, spine, and brain. If not treated properly, TB disease can be fatal. TB disease was once the leading cause of death in the United States. My sis also added that SF has the largest number of TB among the other cities. Perfect!

Surprise surprise, the person is an Indian student...of course, another sample of developing country who hasn't developed well enough. Anyway, about a week ago we all got an email from the University Health Center about this and we are required to take the test, and the first step is the skin test. If we failed the skin test, then we have to take the X-Ray to make sure we are not infected. And of course, this is a must, all of the students have to take the test, we even got a letter from the City (with our lovely Mayor's name). And what scared me so much, cause I know I got BCG when I was young, most likely my skin test will come with a positive result. But somehow, it didn't, I got a NEGATIVE result!! Hooray!!! I don't have to get an X-ray (imagine going to General Hospital and spent 1 hour to get parking and 4 hours to take the X-ray...), this is very relief for me. There was even a second when I thought that maybe, somehow I got infected already (looking back my old habit and my old environment, yeah....that was paranoid), but hey, I feel 100% healthy now...One was down...now I can stop being worry about....

1 Comments:

Blogger irene said...

oh itu.. gw juga pernah ambil test itu sih.. yang ada skin test nya sgala.. kayaknya gw positif or sth tapi ngga nular?

i love being busy too.. but cant imagine how much effort people who work and go to school full time have to put to keep up with everything. but u did a good job! just dont be too hard on urself!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger